Sunday, June 20, 2010

We're Supposed To Freakin' Evacuate For This Crap??? = "Quick getaway ideas to escape the G20"



.

We're Supposed To Freakin' Evacuate For This Crap??? = "Quick getaway ideas to escape the G20"

.

No worries dood, it'll be good to have ya's both in toon. Don't be trippin', I'm rollin' solo for the people of Toronto against bullsh-t sold by anybody, it's hitting a too-close to home when we're supposed to evacuate the city 'cause of this sh-t. I just saw this on the main Yahoo.ca page after logging out of an email account, right before it was one called "Just give in to cravings". This is nutz.

Quick getaway ideas to escape the G20

http://ca.travel.yahoo.com/guides/Other/899/quick-getaway-ideas-to-escape-the-g20

Otherwise, I know where I live and I'm usually pretty chilled-out in person, especially when we get more "respect" for our discipline than our passion around here, which helps explain the lack of the latter. I kicked-it with a semi-conspirienced guy today at Dundas Square NXNE music event, but I might press obscenity charges tomorrow based on a bad booking choice in front of the kiddies.

Then I happened to wander over and see Drake perform way-too briefly with bad sound at the MuchMusic Awards, but it was good to see his big return to Toronto and the crowd go nuts. Regardless, I manage to get my anti-NWO (and anti-well-intentioned flunkery) points across here in Communist Canada and the Community seems to be cool with it Or, I'd have heard differently by now.

After seeing what happened to Toronto Truth Seekers, and how I was kicked-out specifically so they could be as comfortable as possible doing nothing before the G20, I'm more determined than ever to try to take care of this damn city myself. I tried not to for a variety of reasons and helped others grow into leadership roles at TTS, but for whatever reason, nobody wants to defend this city. Yet.

Anwayz, it's cool, it is what it is, so whaddaya gonna do? :-P

There's now a half a freakin' concentration camp in downtown Toronto.

We'll probably be cool, but I just don't want to see where this could go next.

So, I don't think we will, or at least that's the plan by the time the circus comes to town.

Peace,

BK

.

Quick getaway ideas to escape the G20

Gizelle Lau, TripAtlas.com - Fri Jun 11, 11:41 AM

For those working in and around the downtown core of Toronto in the weeks leading up to the G20 Toronto Summit (June 26-27, 2010), the one piece of advice given by security is to avoid the area, work from home, or take some vacation days.

If you're looking to escape from the G20 this June, TripAtlas.com has some great ideas & travel deals to look to for the last weekend of June - easily reached by car, GO Train, or on a short flight.

Travel ideas to escape the G20

Resorts Ontario offers great deals and last minute options for over 100 of the best resorts across Ontario, with maps that indicate distance and time from Toronto, and lets you select what type of getaway: family, spa, romantic, culinary, etc. For the G20 weekend, try a road trip to Prince Edward County or Niagara-on-the-Lake for peaceful outdoors & wine getaways. With the G8 in Muskoka from June 25-26, be sure to stay clear! Visit www.resorts-ontario.com for more.

Visit Ottawa, the nation's capital for tons of festivals taking place that weekend: the TD Ottawa International Jazz Festival (June 24 to July 10); the Ottawa Fringe Festival (June 17-27); the International Chicken & Rib Cook-Off at Sparks Street Mall (June 23-27); or watch while the RCMP performs cavalry drills to music at sunset (June 23-27). When you book two nights, get the 3rd night 1/2 off with www.ottawatourism.ca.

Chez Montreal: Montreal has tons of great packaged deals to suit your fancy. From June 25 to July 6, catch the world-famous International Montreal Jazz Festival. From now until January 2011, Montreal's McCord Museum is hosting a Dream Weavers exhibit, showcasing costumes and props from Cirque de Soleil shows of the past 25 years. Go to www.tourisme-montreal.org for more.

Explore the Laurentides & Mont Tremblant: Just in the nick of time, Porter Airlines will be flying to Mont Tremblant beginning June 24 to September 6 for the summer season. Explore Tremblant's new on-mountain casino, hike the incredible landscape, play a few rounds of golf, visit the spa, play on Lac Tremblant. Last-minute deals (within 10 days of travel) can be found at www.tourismemonttremblant.com.

Planning a trip? Check out the TripAtlas.com Trip Builder where you can connect with travel professionals and tour operators who can offer you tips and custom prices on your trip.

Please, login to post comments and ratings.

Average (9 votes)

2.1 stars

Comments

Not commented

http://ca.travel.yahoo.com/guides/Other/899/quick-getaway-ideas-to-escape-the-g20

.